Party in my Brain!

So I went for the MRI/MRA today, right? And I had a follow up with my neurologist.

First of all, the MRI/MRA was so much easier this time around. I only had to take one Valium, thankyouverymuch. And this machine was a bit bigger [assuming by ‘bit’ you know I actually mean I had more than two, but less than six, inches between my nose and top of the machine], and they offered me headphones or earplugs. I opted for the headphones, because I’d much rather listen to music than the banging and clanging of the machine. I chose the classic rock station, and was fitted with the headphones just before they squeezed me into the toothpaste tube machine. What they failed to tell me is the volume on said headphones is slow low you don’t actually hear much of the music.

I heard a total of two songs [Pink Houses by John Mellencamp and Pink Cadillac by Bruce Springsteen] and one commercial. I may have heard strains of Sunday, Bloody Sunday, but I can’t be entirely sure. So I ended up singing to myself the whole time. Have you heard Cookie Monster’s Share It Maybe? Oh yeah. I probably even mouthed the words to myself. Valium called me and said it would take full blame, so thanks, Valium, for giving me fodder for my blog.

I got out of the test in less than an hour. In fact, I had to call M to find out where he was when I walked back into the waiting room, because I expected him to be, you know, waiting for me. He was at a little cafe on the same floor working on his laptop, which was fine. I found him easily enough. Then I had The Best Bagel Ever (TM). I think it was probably The Best Bagel Ever (TM) because of my friend Valium. Whatever, that punk took the fall for me singing. I’ll accept its fault for making a slightly burnt cinnamon raisin bagel The Best Bagel Ever (TM). [Side note, the cafe M was at should probably take the word Pronto out of their name. Just saying.]

After I had breakfast [M ate while I was in radiology], we tried to figure out something to do to waste time, because my appointment for the test was at 8:45 [I was done by 9:30 because they took me back at about 8:30] and my appointment with my neurologist wasn’t until 1 p.m. M found a place he wanted to go to for lunch, but they didn’t open until 11:30 and I didn’t trust us to get there [by bus, because I wasn’t paying for parking twice] and back in time for said appointment. So we headed to the Penn Museum. We opted to see the Maya 2012 exhibit and I’m so glad we did! It took us about 45 minutes to walk through there, and we got all of our birth dates and wedding dates writing in Long Count. We also read some stuff debunking the 2012 End of the World ideology. It was a really interesting exhibit, and if you get a chance to go, I highly recommend it. It runs through January 13, 2013. Ahem.

We headed out to grab lunch, then went to see Dr. Messé.

You guys.

My MRI/MRA looked good. The bypasses are still open. My cholesterol and blood pressure look uh-maz-ing. I don’t have to see Dr. Messé again until next year. [Disclaimer: if I show any symptoms, I’m to head to the ER, blah, blah, blah. I knew all that. I also can’t get dehydrated.] I still have headaches, which is normal. I still have days when I get really fatigued, which is also totally normal.

If all goes well? I won’t really have to see him much, if at all.

I’m chair dancing right now. To this song. [You’re welcome.]

3 Replies to “Party in my Brain!”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge