Wildwood, NJ

I’m finally going to blog about our trip last weekend.

Friday night, M & I packed ourselves in our car and met the in laws at a diner in Woodstown, NJ where we had dinner. They had had the boys all day, so they took drove them to the diner. Little Bear rode the rest of the way to the beach house with them and Butter rode with us. LB slept most of the way. Butter talked. [Have I mentioned that all three guys I live with are talkative? Or that I once heard my future in the car because they were all three talking at the same time? No? Whoops.]

By the time we got to the house, it was nearly 10 p.m. [thank you, beach traffic], so all we really did is get ready for bed. Butter ran to the room upstairs to watch the fireworks, and he really seemed to enjoy them. LB was all excited and awake from his nap in the car, so I threw in the towel early because I’d worked all day and begged M to take care of putting the kids to bed. He did a great job, too, until Butter accidentally kicked the Pack N Play LB was sleeping in and woke him up. I ended up shushing and rocking LB around 12:30 in the morning to finally get him to sleep.

We all woke up bright and early the next day. One of the coolest features of the house we stayed at? The out door shower. It was seriously amazing to just relax, outside, and get clean. I kind of want one of my own. We went to the beach around 10 and Butter had a great time. Little Bear did not do as well as his big brother. He desperately needed a nap, but wasn’t having any of that. Of course he fell asleep on the way back to the house for lunch, though. We had showers, we had lunch, we had naps. M & I went to the boardwalk for a bit on our own [thank you, Grandma and Pop Pop!].

Sunday, though there was a serious threat of rain, we went to the boardwalk. Butter loved it. Because it wasn’t terribly crowded, we let him run ahead a little. He had a blast looking in the little shops, and even enjoyed some Chickie’s & Pete’s crab fries with us. The funniest event of the day happened just after M & I got the fries. There is a sign in the store warning people about the seagulls. I mentioned it to him, but we walked out. Oh, bad idea.

He dropped a fry on the ground by accident. That brought a couple of birds on. What brought a lot of them on was the seagull who dive bombed M from behind and knocked several fries out of the container. Needless to say, we high tailed it back inside the stand and I went to get the grandparents and kids. We huddled around the fries in C&P, then headed to the ride area.

First, Butter rode the swings.

It rained the night before, so water dripped on his head the entire time.

Then, he flew a plane like his Pop Pop.

The ride next to it was one he desperately wanted to go on, too. I’m told there’s video of this, but I legitimately can’t figure out how to get video off of the camera yet.

Last, but not least, he went on the double decker Carousel with Pop.

Little Bear had a great time, too.

After lunch at Stewart’s, we headed home. It involved heavy rain, a lot of traffic for a little water on the road, then a lot of traffic for water rushing across the road, but we made it in one piece.

It was, overall, a relaxing weekend and I’m really glad we went. I just wish my kids slept better away from home.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge