1. Will you run to the store or to pick up a kid looking a mess? Depends entirely on how much of a mess I look. If it’s a super quick trip, I’ll throw a baseball cap and sweatshirt on over my messy clothes to go. If I know I’m going to be out for a while, I’ll generally shower and change my clothes before I go.
2. Do you finish a book if it’s boring or you don’t like it? Lately, yes. It normally doesn’t take me too long to read a book, but it took me over a week to read The Art of Fielding. Mind you, it was a 490 page ebook, but I can often power through those in three or four days. Not so with this book. I don’t even really know why it took me so long, either. I had plenty of time to read!
3. Beach or mountain vacations? Having lived near Virginia Beach for six years, I’d have to say mountain. I rarely went to the beach during peak tourist season, and I loathed that traffic was so bad, it sometimes took me an hour to make it to a job that was twenty minutes away from where I lived. I also like to vacation in off seasons now. Weird how that happens, isn’t it?
4. What thing/event says “winter will end and spring is right around the corner” to you? Being able to open the windows during the day, and even sometimes during the night. Last night was the first time we’d closed our bedroom windows and turned the heater back on in almost a week!
5. Would you prefer couples or family vacation? I liked the few vacations I got to go on with just M. The last “family” vacation we took was a weekend at Wildwood last summer. It was a good time, but hectic. I wish we’d had more time there, but it was just a weekend. I look forward to being able to take a family vacation when all of this medical stuff is behind us.