Can you believe tomorrow is April? I sure can’t!
5. Not a laugh, but I took both boys to the grocery store yesterday. As we were leaving, the lady in the vehicle next to mine complimented on how well behaved they both were. I felt like my heart grew a couple of sizes.
4. We bought the boys’ Easter outfits this week. They are adorable, and I can’t wait to go to Picture People to have portraits taken. Butter is obsessed with his “tie” and wants to wear it all the time.
3. I woke up the other morning to the sound of Butter reading a book to Little Bear. It was the sweetest thing, and I just relaxed in my bed until Butter declared he was going to go wake Mommy up because he was “staaaarving.”
2. M took my wedding ring to be cleaned and refinished this week. It’s a satin finish; well, it’s supposed to be. Thursday afternoon, when he brought it home, I was looking at the back of the envelope it was in and said, “Sweet. This is the year I’m supposed to give you wood for our anniversary!” He cracked up and told me, “That’s going on the Saturday post!”
1. The other evening, I went downstairs to run on the treadmill. When I came upstairs, M declared himself Father of the Universe. He was cooking while I ran, so I was kind of confused at first. Apparently, while he was cooking, he heard LB whimper. He thought it was coming from the front hall, so he went to check if either of the doors [powder and laundry room] were accidentally closed with LB in the room. When he noticed he wasn’t in either room, he heard LB whimper again. This time, it sounded like it was coming from the living room, so M checked there. No LB. Finally, he heard LB start to kind of cry. He finally opened the pantry door. Turns out LB had walked into the pantry while M was grabbing rice off of one of the higher shelves. When M put it back, he didn’t look down and LB got shut in the pantry for a few minutes. Whoops! [For the record, I totally had M’s permission to post that story.]