I have to say, I’m incredibly proud of myself for keeping track of these this week! I generally have to write them ahead or I forget them by the time Saturday morning rolls around. Without further adieu . . .
5. On Sunday, we stopped at Dunkin Donuts before church. Butter stood up on his chair when we were getting ready to leave. I narrowed my eyes at him and asked him why he was standing [he is fully aware he’s not allowed to stand on furniture]. He threw his arms around my neck and told me, “So I can hold you, Mommy!” My response remains the same as what I said to him. “Nice save, kid.”
4. LB woke up right around the time I was climbing into a bath on Monday night. M was gracious enough to hang out with him, give him orajel and a little milk, and generally tire him back out before finally putting him to bed around midnight. Afterward, he told me, “You know what I like about LB? Day time.”
3. Wednesday after school, Butter literally shouted out the lyrics to a Taylor Swift song. I couldn’t stop laughing. Picture it. [Sicily, 1912.] Butter yelling out I SEE SPARKS FLY WHENEVER YOUUUUUUUUUUU smile! GET ME WITH DOS GREEN EYES BABY AS DA LIGHT GO DOWN . . . Maybe you had to be there, but I was still laughing when we arrived at the grandparents’ house 15 minutes later.
2. Friday morning, I kind of groaned when LB started grunting like he might be dirtying his diaper. Butter was getting dressed when I did. He stopped what he was doing [socks] and said, “Let me go smell him.” He ran to his brother, put his face by the bottom of the high chair & declared, “Nope! No stinky diaper!”
1. Lastly, I was making a bottle for LB Friday morning, and he clapped his hands as I did it. And then held them together as though he were begging me to give it to him!
Click on the button for some really great posts!