Why is it that things are so busy at this time of year?
In the spirit of saving time [see what I did there?], I’m going to make a bullet list of everything I wanted to talk about in this post. Maybe these points will get their own post one day.
- Our tree is up,
but not decorated. [Hopefully I can get that done this evening.]
- No, I am nowhere close to being finished with shopping.
- Work in the church office is so busy, I’m bringing some of it home with me! [This is a blessing, believe me.]
- I feel like I’m finally hitting a decent stride with the whole running thing. I’m being more emphatic about doing it, instead of, “Meh, if I don’t get to it today, I don’t get to it.” It makes me feel better. And a happy mama = a happy family. Right?
- We still haven’t taken Santa photos. Or Bear’s two year pictures. Whoops?
- We chose not to do Christmas cards this year. Instead, we’re doing a New Year letter.
- For some reason, I don’t mind being a restaurant widow so much any more.
- I could use one good nights’ sleep. I haven’t had one in a couple of days.
- I can’t remember the last time we bought food in a restaurant, not counting vacation. It was probably just before our vacation, but my brain has stopped working. See the title of this blog post & the previous bullet point.
Hope you’re all having a productive holiday season. I’m going to go finish
moving ornaments decorating the tree.