I think I’m ready to step back into the world of blogging.
I know terribly few people care about what I have to say, but I don’t think it matters. I use this as a way to chronicle my kids’ lives.
They start school again in a couple of weeks. I’m going to start going batty again in a couple of weeks. I really should take them out to get things like backpacks & school supplies, but I don’t want to. I want to live in denial for a little longer.
I know it’s been a while. The last post I wrote was in March?
I hate that. But it’s been crazy busy around here & I haven’t felt much like writing lately.
There are highlights I can hit.
- Our hearts broke when my father-in-law passed away in December. He went quickly & that’s all we could ask for, but there are very few days that go by when Bear doesn’t tell me, “I miss Pop Pop.” Buddy, we all do.
- M opened his cafe in January. It’s gorgeous & infuriating & I’m so so so so so proud of him.
- We’re working through an official ADHD diagnosis with Butter.
- Both boys will be in the same school this year. Thank. Goodness.
- Oh yeah, Bear is going into Kindergarten. And Butter will be in third grade. It’s insane how fast time has gone.
I quit a job in February. I’m still waiting tables, still working with MIL, & still working with/for M doing stuff around the cafe.
Life is insane.
I wouldn’t have it any other way.
I started this post sitting at a gas station while my car filled up, ahead of Thor.
Admittedly, the nerd in me is kind of giddy this storm is named Thor. I’m expecting thundersnows, obviously.
I’ve often lamented my writing frequency. That changes now. I have a smart phone, I have a wordpress app, I have things to say. So, I’ll say it in spurts at the bus stop, karate, or while I’m waiting in the pick up line. Or at doctors appointments.
The point is, I have no more excuses to avoid writing.