Official Welcome to the “Terrible Twos”

Pffft. I say “official,” because Butter turned two on Saturday. I swear we’ve been living with a 1.5-year-old-who-thought-he-was-2 for the last eight months, though. You think I’m joking when I say this all started at 16 months? HA.

The Birthday Party was a huge success, but I don’t have pictures of it because I forgot my camera. I’ll be hassling those who took pictures to send them to me soon. Really, really soon. We were literally on the interstate, driving to my in-laws’ house when I cursed a blue streak and called myself a bad mother for forgetting the camera and Husband had to calm me down and remind me there would be plenty of other cameras at the party. If only he could have predicted that my mother-in-law’s camera wouldn’t have had the memory card in it.

No, I can’t make these things up.

I took Friday off of work so I could get party stuff done. Ran to Bed, Bath, and Beyond and The Christmas Tree Shop to try and find food tents for the food. No one had the ones MIL wanted, and that was fine. We’ll get them next summer. It was so hot on Saturday that I have a hard time believing there were any flies around anyway. Okay, that’s a lie. I totally saw some in the half hour I was outside to eat and do cake, but trust me, those flies were all, “Dude. It’s too hot to fly around today.”

Made a Target run for the goodie bags and totally scored there. Crayola Crayons were $0.25 for a box of 24, so each kiddo who came got a box of crayons, two mini bottle of bubbles, a few pieces of Starburts, and a bouncy ball. And can we talk about how I found my dreamĀ  bag of Starburts that morning? I’ve always said they should do a bag of nothing but the red ones. This is the bag I bought:

I also tempted the weather (it was almost 100, again) and purchased an ice cream cake that day. I’m happy to report that the cake made it safely home and into our freezer with no melting.

Saturday was beautiful, but hot. Husband looked up the Real Feel on when we finally got home around 9 p.m. and told me it was 105 for the day, so it’s no wonder that the kids played inside before the food was ready, and immediately jumped on the water mat as soon as they were done. We did cake outside, then presents inside because of the heat. It was a really successful party as far as I’m concerned, and I don’t think anyone had a bad thing to say about the macaroni and cheese I’d made that morning, which made my head swell to approximately the size of one of the balloons we’d put out on the stop sign and sign into the development to mark where the party was being held.

We had a few tiny issues, the biggest of which was Butter got sick during his party. He’s had the ickies in his tummy (Pregnant Mommy speak for “I-can’t-change-a-diaper-without-gagging”) for a few days, but they’ve come and gone. His nose started running on Friday and by Saturday, it was the fun, bright green stuff that usually indicates an infection. I mentioned to someone how miserable he looked while we were eating cake – he was pale and his little eyes were turning red around the edges, but he was a trooper and kept up his good mood for the entire party.

Last night/this morning was a completely different story, but I’ll save that for another post.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge