Here are the rules:
The Honest Scrap award is given by other bloggers who consider a blog’s content or design to be brilliant. The awardee must then post ten honest things about themselves and pass the award on to other bloggers who fit the bill – in other words, whose blog is brilliant.
So. Ten honest things about me? And I’m considered brilliant? Bwhahaha. Way to make my head grow, Miss Ashley!
- I write more than just this blog. I’ve got several journals lying around the house, a couple on my computer & one or two online. I write constantly. Recently, I started working on a story that I first started writing in 2003. I don’t know if I’ll ever finish it, but writing those characters is a good release for me. It’s a fantastic way to get my emotions out & I’m much happier since I started doing it again.
- I listen to music constantly. I have a hard time with silence. I always have. I could never study in silence, there was music playing on my computer constantly. I do the same thing at work now. Pandora and Project Playlist are both bookmarked on my computers at work. I go through huge phases when it comes to music. Remember the trip to Boy Band Land? While I have a shared playlist for them, I’ve moved on. This week I’m all about Matchbox Twenty, Collective Soul, & the Gin Blossoms.
- I’ve read Gone with the Wind more times than I can count. I first picked it up in 1996 or so. I read it three times in a row. Since then I’ve read it just about once a year. I have at least three copies of it. The cover has fallen off of my paperback copy at least three times. That same copy is the one that I marked all of my favorite passages in and the one where I can find a ton of typos. [Sorry, when you’ve read so many times, Scarlett spelled Scarlet stands out a bit.]
- Like Ashley, I had a “feeling” about September 11. The Foreign Language Club in my high school planned trips to either France or Spain every year. There was a trip to France planned for my senior year. I went to the inital meetings & mulled over going for weeks. I really wanted to spend my spring break that year in France, but something didn’t feel right. The day that I was supposed to turn in the inital deposit, my mom asked me whether I’d decided to go. Sadly, I shook my head & told her that I didn’t have a good feeling about planes. I know my mom was disappointed, but she didn’t push the issue. I was a week into my senior year of high school when the planes hit the towers. Ironically, when my prinicpal made the announcement to tell the school what happened, I was in French class. It took a few months, but the trip was cancelled. I managed to save myself the disappointment of something I’d been looking forward to being cancelled & a lot of money. I don’t know if anyone ever got all of the money that they’d put forward back.
- I knew, without a doubt, that Butter was a boy from the moment I knew I was pregnant. I can distinctly remember being out with a few of my girlfriends one night & one of them asked about my pregnancy. I was probably only 12-13 weeks at the time & I told her that it was a boy. She asked how we knew so soon & I told her that the doctors hadn’t confirmed it, but I knew. [I also knew I was pregnant before I took the test. The only thing I was wrong about in being pregnant with Buter was his birthday. I was convinced he was going to be an 08.08.08 baby. My blood pressure prevented that from happening.]
- I can function better with a headache than anyone I know, if I don’t have a choice but to do so. In the past, I have worked through migraines. It can be done, but I have to be really dead set on doing it. If I have the opportunity, I will lay down, put an ice pack over my face & take a nap, but I can do it if there isn’t any other option.
- I have too many hobbies. Reading, writing, music, knitting [just now learning], cross stitch, scrapbooking, sewing, photography, etc. etc. etc. I’ve got to give up a few of them, but I like to have some kind of varity in my life. Since I’m just now learning knitting, I feel obligated to stick with that one for a while. 😉
- My husband makes fun of me for certain things I watch. Namely Twilight, The Secret Life of the American Teenager [which you will often hear me refer to as “the longest after school special ever”], Harper’s Island, Bring It On!, Centerstage, and others. He wanted so badly to make fun of me for watching The Big Bang Theory, but he absolutely fell in love with it & constantly declares that Sheldon is the best character on television.
- I am not a fan of New York City. Not in the least bit. I’ve been several times, with people who love the city, people who have lived there, and people who know it better than their home town. Yet, we’re going back in a little over a week. There is a Frank Lloyd Wright exhibit at the Guggenheim Museum that Husband wants to see & we’re going to see Rob Thomas perform as part of the Today Show’s summer concert series. Even though I’m not a fan of the city, I’m excited that we’re going. We don’t really get a lot of “us” time anymore, even though we have people who are more than willing to babysit for us. I’m excited about this trip.
- I don’t take enough pictures. I read the other day that someone had uploaded 1,000 pictures to her computer in the month since her son was born. I’m loading pictures to Shutterfly right now & there are just over 500 of them. Clearly I need to take more pictures of the kiddo. Setting a new goal for myself right now….
So there you have it. Ten things about me. Who am I tagging? These people:
A Box of Chocolates
I’m going to keep the tag list short. 🙂