1. Do you swim in the winter? Because swimming is considered a winter sport by most high schools, yes, I have gone swimming in the winter. I did it when we had a gym membership with a pool, too. I love swimming, and wish I did more of it, actually.
2. Do you love or hate winter? We have a tumultuous relationship, winter and I. Most of the time I love it. I love the cold, I love snow [and despite what my husband thinks, you can smell it in the air], I like being able to dress in layers without feeling completely overwhelmed. And then it gets to the point where I hate it because I’m stuck inside with two babies and OMG if the three year old asks to go play in the snow one more time I might bring it inside just to shut him up.
3. Do you put makeup/actual clothes on when you know you’re going to be home all day with just family? Nope. Not at all. I rarely put makeup on anyway. When I’m at home with family, I usually live in yoga or PJ pants and a hoodie.
4. How old were you when you had your first alcoholic beverage? Funny story, that. I was just shy of a year old. I’d love to tell the story, but I can’t imagine the backlash it would cause. If you want to know it, feel free to e-mail me. I had sips here and there of drinks when I was young, but the first time I remember having my own drink, I was about 14.
5. How many ill calls in a 12 month period do you think are acceptable? I have no idea how to answer this question. I used to joke that I had to be dead to call in. I’d say less than six and you’re fine. Unless you have a major illness, then keep calling out until you’re healthy.