1. Where do you hide the reeeally good snacks? In the freezer. Seriously, the reeeally good snacks in our house are frozen grapes.
2. Do u keep your vehicle clean or am I the only one who has things falling out of their van? I do try to keep my car clean. M does not and when he drives my car and leaves things in it, it drives me crazy.
3. Have you ever been to Vegas? I’ve been in the airport. Does that count?
4. Warm room light blankets or cold room warm snuggly blanket? I prefer cold with snuggly blankets.
5. What is the worst airplane/flying experience you’ve ever had? Oh man. Have I ever written about our trip to Chicago? The summer after we got married, I wanted to surprise M with Cubs tickets. At Wrigley Field. I booked the trip online – the place where you don’t know what hotel/airline you’ll get until you pay for the trip – and presented the tickets to him one night at a sushi dinner. The flight out there was soooo bad. We were delayed in Philly. Because we had one boarding pass each, we weren’t supposed to get off of the plane, but they told us we were when we got to Detroit. Our “connecting flight” was clear at the other end of the airport. By the time we got there, there was no one at the gate. We went back to the previous gate and the plane had already taken off. So we called the airline to try and figure out what we were going to do. They offered us a crap deal on a hotel we had to pay for a taxi to and from, and a spot on a super early flight the next morning. It was already after midnight and the flight was at 6 or something, so we decided to stay in the hotel at the Detroit airport.
The fight home was even worse. We got on the train to head to the airport and I realized we were early, so I tried to call the airline to see if we could change to an earlier flight. I kid you not, the recording said “No representatives are available to take your call, try again later.” When we got there, we decided to stay on our original flight. First it was delayed, then it was cancelled and they gave us our luggage back, then it was delayed again. M finally got so fed up we booked a flight on another airline, which was direct to Philadelphia.
Needless to say, I won’t ever fly the purposely unnamed airline again. Not if I can help it, anyway.