I kept notes this week! Aren’t you proud?!
1. Friday night, M shaved so he could show Butter the scar on his chin from falling in a pool when he was at day camp when he was a little boy. Saturday, I cleaned our bathroom. While I was doing it, M came upstairs and found a piece of his electric shaver. He brought it downstairs to fix and Butter asked what it did. They had the following conversation:
Butter: What’s this?
M: It’s my razor.
Butter: What’s it do?
M: I use it to shave my beard.
Butter: Off or on?
M: I use it to shave it off.
Butter: [thinks for a moment] Shave it back on!
2. Little Bear hates when I don’t pay attention to him 24/7. The other day I was knitting and he started smacking me on the leg, saying, “Mama! Mama! Mama!” I smiled and said, “Yes Bear?” He replied, “Bucca! Bucca!” I have no idea what he was saying.
3. One morning, Butter was checking out his stitches in the mirror in my bedroom. He pondered them very seriously for a second and then declared, “I think I look good.”
4. Thursday morning [after the boys had both gone to bed really early on Wednesday], I opened my eyes at one point to see if M had left for work yet. I can usually determine about what time it is depending on whether he’s in bed or not. I looked to M’s side of the bed and Butter was climbing up. He scared the crap out of me and recognized it right away. He immediately started apologizing. Poor kid.
5. And finally, a last LB moment. He was smacking me on the leg again one afternoon. “Mama! Mama!” “Hi Bear.” “Go, go, go, go, go!” I don’t know where he wanted to go, but he certainly had me laughing!