1. What advice would you give a couple getting married? Um, don’t do it? Calm down, I’m kidding. I think I’d say to always talk things out. That’s one issue M and I have sometimes. One of us will go off and do something without discussing it with the other, and it’s caused a couple of arguments. We’re both trying to do better with it.
2. If you could tell your 16 year old self ONE thing, what would it be? Don’t take that job. It seems like it will be fun, but it will be miserable.
3. What do you do to keep cool in the summer? (AC, windows, fans, swimming, etc.) We keep the windows open as long as possible and run the ceiling fans. Once it gets too humid and too hot, we run the AC. I try to keep it around 75-76, but when I was pregnant, it usually sat at about 72. It gets really hot upstairs, so we run a fan in our room. The boys room is typically cooler than ours. And we love going swimming as much as possible.
4. What did you (or your wife) crave most while pregnant? With Butter, it was Peanut Butter M&Ms and Reese’s Cups. With Little Bear it was the same. Peanut Butter Cup ice cream was a big thing for me the second time around. I also craved fruit like crazy with both of them.
5. Who is your favorite TV mom? Why? I always identified with Jill from Home Improvement. Watching it before I had kids, I just knew I was going to have three boys. In a way, I do. I have M, Butter, and LB. She was also funny and witty, and she was just one of my favorite people to watch.