Once again, I failed to keep track of the laughs this week. Well, that’s only partially true. I e-mailed a couple of them to myself as they happened. Here we go!
5. Thursday afternoon, Butter walked up to me and said, very seriously, “Mommy. I want a puppy cat.” I asked him what on earth he meant, and he held up a picture from a toy he got in a Wendy’s kid’s meal this week. He told me, “See, the collar makes it a puppy. And it looks like a cat. I want a puppy cat!”
4. I have several episodes of Saturday Night Live on the DVR. I am not ashamed to admit I have a slight obsession with Seth Meyers, which is why those episodes exist on our DVR. Anyway, I was trying to watch one the other day while Butter was playing and Little Bear was napping. The ‘Secret Word’ skit came on and Butter, who is reading words sometimes, and was also apparently listening to the TV started shouting out answers as Kristin Wiig’s character tried giving clues. I couldn’t stop laughing when he said, “Come on! The word is between!”
3. This isn’t really a laugh, but it did make M and I smile very big. Little Bear was just in the best mood yesterday. We went grocery shopping and to dinner at a local diner, and every time we looked at him, he just got the biggest grin on his face.
2. Frequently, I’ll look at Little Bear and say, “Boo!” He never fails to laugh when I do. The other day, he grinned widely at me and said, “Buh!” He was imitating me, and he completely succeeded in making me giggle like he does!
1. As I write this, Butter is leaping over the ray of sun that’s shining in through our back door. He keeps telling me, “Watch me, Mommy! I can do it all by myself!” then stopping to watch whatever is on TV. His little brother is cracking up every time he jumps.