1. Is there a special dish you prepare that you are famous for? I don’t think so. Well, M loves my banana bread, and practically salivates any time he smells it baking. I hope to become well versed in making pie crust with lard, though. I have a cookbook I think I bought in elementary school based on the foods in the Little House books, and I remember laughing way back then because the recipes called for a lot of lard. You have no idea how excited I am to use it now.
2. Are you (did you) go Black Friday shopping ? I went maybe twice, with my mother in law. It’s not for me but she loves going. I hope she got some good deals!
3. What are your strangest holiday traditions? LOL, this is my question. Back in the day, we used to go to my Sugar’s house for Christmas Eve night. No one was allowed to open a gift until midnight. Can you imagine how hilarious it was for my parents to have to wake me up on Christmas morning because I was so tired?
4. Pecan or pumpkin pie? (She actually asked “Apple or pumpkin?” I just T-giving’ed it!) Neither. I know, I’m strange.
5. When will you put up your Christmas tree? As close to the holiday as possible? I don’t know, I don’t like the process of decorating for the holiday. Don’t get me wrong, we have a ton of stuff in our basement, but I just . . . don’t care for actually pulling it out and putting it up. For the past few years we’ve used a hand me down pre-lit tree that my parents gave to us. The first Christmas we had together, I secretly bought a live tree to surprise M with. I had hoped to do that this year, but with me being off for surgery, that’s just not in the cards. According to my husband, I’m Scrooge impersonated. I’m trying to get better, I swear!
Linking up with My Little Life.