Completed items in bold. (2/101)
In progress items in italics. (10/101)
1. Make the bed for an entire month.
2. Complete C25K.
3. Run a 5k.
4. Run a 10k.
5. Run a half marathon.
6. Lose 10 pounds.
7. Lose 10 more pounds.
8. Lose 10 more pounds.
9. Lose those 10 final pounds.
10. Take at least one photo a day for a year.
11. Go on a romantic picnic.
12. Learn French.
13. Go away – by myself – for a weekend.
14. Get a new tattoo.
15. Answer the “50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind.” [20/50]
16. Cook dinner every night for a month.
17. Get a passport.
18. Not log in to facebook for a week.
19. Clean out my closet.
20. Write a short story.
21. Visit the Grand Canyon.
22. Visit Los Angeles.
23. Read 100 books. [43/100]
24. Learn how to knit [for real this time].
25. Stop biting my nails.
26. Visit the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
27. Run the steps at the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
28. Identify 100 things that make me happy.
29. Kiss in the rain.
30. See 5 classic movies I’ve never seen. Including A Christmas Story. [This is a post in and of itself.]
31. Get a massage.
32. Go camping.
33. Tie a note to a balloon and let it go.
34. Place memories from the year in a jar. Open it on New Year’s Eve and read all of them.
35. Read the entire Bible.
36. Set and meet seven goals each week for a year.
37. Sign up for a kickboxing class.
38. Give up twitter for Lent.
39. Organize the music on my iPod.
40. Visit New Orleans.
41. Learn how to use Photoshop.
42. Have a picnic in Central Park.
43. Go a month without eating fast food.
44. Develop a better skin care routine.
45. Save $5 for every task completed on this list.
46. Save a six month emergency fund.
47. Write a letter to myself to be opened at the end of my 1001 days.
48. Visit a local winery.
49. Learn basic American Sign Language.
50. Ask 20 people to suggest one book and read them all.
51. Visit Gettysburg National Cemetery.
52. Make a list of my 50 favorite songs. [9/50]
53. Have a romantic weekend away.
54. Complete a cross stitch project.
55. Don’t spend any money for a week.
56. Leave a 100% tip.
57. Drink absinthe. [I have no excuse not to! We have a bottle in our basement.]
58. Go on a brewery tour.
59. Go to a black tie event.
60. Say “yes” to something I wouldn’t normally do.
61. Try a new recipe each month.
62. Go to a film premiere.
63. Host a themed dinner party.
64. Make a list of 100 quotes that inspire me.
65. Make a piece of clothing for myself.
66. Unplug for a day – no phone, computer, or TV.
67. Give a handmade gift to someone.
68. Donate old clothes.
69. Update my address book.
70. Floss every day for a month.
71. Sew a quilt.
72. Stay at a bed & breakfast.
73. Drink nothing but water and coffee for a month.
74. Host a board game night.
75. Donate a million grains of rice on FreeRice.com. [2500/1,000,000]
76. Get new bedroom furniture.
77. Visit London.
78. See a show on Broadway.
79. Get 100+ followers on my blog.
80. Participate in Operation Beautiful. (www.operationbeautiful.com)
81. Have a Harry Potter movie marathon party.
82. Buy a Mac.
83. Visit the San Diego Zoo.
84. Send handwritten letters to at least four people.
85. Participate in NaNoWriMo.
86. Own a rental property.
87. Get certified in CPR.
88. Complete the 30 Day Shred.
89. Learn to drive a stick shift.
90. Send a “just because” care package to a friend.
91. Get an iPhone.
92. Attend BlogHer.
93. Complete Christmas shopping before December.
94. Spend a romantic night in a hotel for no reason.
95. Tour the White House.
96. Make a pie on Pi Day.
97. Go to the Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington, D.C.
98. Visit Niagara Falls.
99. Buy a ‘Wreck This Journal’ & finish it.
100. Find a personally inspirational quote & work it into a piece of art or home decor.
101. Write another list of 101 things to do in 1001 days.
Day 1: January 1, 2012
Day 1001: September 28, 2014