If you’re looking at your screen, wondering why I’m finally posting for the first time since July, I can’t answer that question for you.
Or, I could, but it would be a really long, drawn out, boring explanation. And no one wants to be bored when they’re reading blogs. Actually, does anyone even read this thing anymore? I would be completely unoffended if no one read my words. They’re not that well put together & I’m well aware that I’m a hot mess.
No really, ask Bear. He alternates between telling me I’m a princess & a hot mess. Ah, three. What will I do when you depart from my life? [CELEBRATE, THAT'S WHAT.]
The truth is, as I’ve stated before, a lot of the things in my head aren’t really fit for the Internet at this point. I’m overwhelmed inside my head most days & it’s not even things anyone else would likely deem “important.” Whatever. What I’m trying to say is, I’m going to try to get better at this blogging thing. It’s not like I’m not on social media. I take lots of pictures I put on Instagram. See? ——>
So you’re going to get a, ‘What I Did on my Summer Vacation’ style post.
- I saw One Direction in concert. Hush. It was one of the best experiences I’ve had in a while. It was nice to be able to turn Mom mode off & Fan Girl mode on.
- I saw Dr. Messé twice in two weeks. Only one time was for me, though I think I had him genuinely concerned when he saw me in the Penn Neurology office the second time.
- Speaking of the Moyamoya, it appears to be gaining traction in the media. That’s amazing. It was on the season opener of Royal Pains [which I still haven't seen, but I've heard they didn't portray it quite like they probably should have] & just last week, it was on the TV show The Doctors. I read about that one without watching the video, but apparently the woman they had on had a stroke while she was pregnant. I was tempted to shout from the rooftops that she’s not the only one that happened to.
- Butter started First Grade.
- Bear started the Fours class.
- M opened a food truck.
- I picked up a third job.
- I read an absurd number of books.
- I went on a trip all by myself to Nashville & it was wonderful because I really felt I was poured into by the conference I went to & I got to see my bestie.
- The boys got cats.
- The cats subsequently drove me mad.
- We swam.
- We ran around outside on the ‘tree house.’
- GILMORE GIRLS CAME TO NETFLIX & IT WAS A GLORIOUS START TO OCTOBER.
- I realized I don’t nap enough.
- I apologized profusely to all those naps I refused to take in Kindergarten.
- I went on a mission trip to North Carolina with teenagers. It was actually a lot of fun.
- And just last weekend, I drove with the boys – by myself – to visit family in Western Pennsylvania.
Whew. I’m exhausted reading that. I was exhausted living it, too. I should probably add on that I’ve started drinking more coffee, but that’s not true. I still drink the same amount of coffee I did before all of that happened.